Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Bonjour Paris!

So I've been here since Saturday morning but due to complications with internet access and finding a way to actually charge my netbook (turns out it needs a three prong outlet hehe) I have not been able to update.

The first two days in Paris were spent at the Campanile Hotel Sud - Porte d'Italie, a very modern hotel with an attached restaurant (which was delicious). Monday I moved into my apartment, which I will only be in for a week before moving into the dorms. Word of advice: don't take the metro when transporting luggage - the hassle and soreness is most definitely not worth it.

From my first impressions of yesterday and today (orientation), I definitely like the people that are in this program - both the students and the coordinators/professors. My roommate's name is Kaitlyn and there are two girls that live below me named Diana and Jordan - all three are great girls. On a more amusing note, my roommate and I have already managed to blow a fuse in our apartment "living" room. Hopefully this won't be too much of a problem to fix...

Classes start tomorrow with Art & Architecture 9 am - noon and Photography 2 pm - 5 pm. It's after 2 am here now so I'm gonna get to sleep. Hopefully future posts will be better planned and not so short/abrupt.

Au revoir mes amis!

1 comment: